Colon Cleansing Tips
by Howard B. Richman
This free colon cleanse information helps constipation and avoids the dangers of enemas and laxatives. Many illnesses appear to be linked to a build up of “mucoid plaque” within the intestinal tract. These include weight problems, heart burn, hair loss, allergies, arthritis, headaches, body odor, frequent colds, fungal infections, depression, psoriasis, excess mucus, sinusitus, hyperactivity, anxiety, fatigue, and others. If left untreated, constipation can also lead to worse bowel conditions, including spastic colon, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Chron’s disease, colitis, diverticulosis, diverticulitis, leaky gut syndrome, and can aggravate celiac disease. We’ve compiled the best colon cleansing program material for you to consider. This self-help free information will show you how to prevent constipation with the best colon cleansing programs and to cleanse your intestines without the use of enemas or laxatives.
The Problems With Enemas for Colon Cleanse.
Enemas can be very effective when used on an occasional basis, and administered in the right way. But most people don’t do them in the right way. There are many, many issues associated with enemas that can actually CREATE more problems that they solve. For example, if you use tap water, you are not only killing any remaining good bacteria that is in your colon with the chlorine contained in the water, but you are also INJECTING microscopic parasites directly into your colon! (Campylobacter, Giardia and Cryptosporidia and others.) When you have an enema, the lower part of the colon can balloon out and be permanently damaged, losing its elasticity. Another problem with enemas is that they don’t reach the small intestine, which is actually where a lot of the fecal impaction may reside. This is because of the ileocecal valve connecting the large and small intestines. (But, even if it were possible, you would never want to force contaminated water from the colon into the small intestine, where you absorb your nutrients anyway!)
The Problems with Laxatives for Colon Cleanse.
Someone taking laxatives to help lose weight will only cause harm and not lose weight. This is because the laxatives work usually to empty the large intestine but the majority of calories, nutrients and fats are absorbed by the small intestine. What the laxative does is act as a diuretic and create the risk for dehydration and water loss, which gives the ILLUSION of weight loss. This is seriously harmful for your health! This can lead to insomnia, restlessness, severe headaches, heart palpitations, weakened bones, and other serious health issues. A laxative works as an IRRITANT to the nerves of the colon. Long term laxative use can actually damage the nerve cells in the colon, causing it to lose its natural ability to contract. Laxatives can create a physical dependency. When you stop taking laxatives, the bowel is unable to function normally and constipation will be CREATED! Blessed Herbs is a popular cleansing program that contains laxatives.
What Causes Constipation?
Most people are aware that not eating enough “fiber-rich” foods and not drinking enough liquids can cause constipation. But let’s talk about some other things. The truth is that most health seekers do eat enough fiber and do drink water but STILL tend to be constipated! Why? I’m going to mention several things here that you may not have thought of and even if one of them relates to you then you have moved closer to solving your problem. Hopefully you will be inspired to do a colon cleanse.
- Society causes constipation. Yes, we are obligated to hold in our farts when we are in public or to not heed the call when we are in a business meeting. This seriously damages the nerves in our colon and rectum until they shut down. We have to learn to be a little less polite and to excuse ourselves when we need to.
- Mucoid plaque causes constipation. If you have a layer of hardened mucoid waste lining your intestines, then it stands to reason that normal peristalsis is hampered. But what causes the mucoid plaque in the first place? This is your body’s natural protection against foods that may have created a strong acidic reaction or an allergic reaction and this thick, sticky mucous protects the intestines from damage. The problem is that if it happens on occasion, it will not stay, but if the offending food continues over time, the plaque just builds up. Think back to your childhood. Did you have a constant mucous condition draining from your sinuses? Did you constantly swallow this heavy mucous, for years as a child? Where do you think this mucous went? Another reason that the mucoid plaque can start forming is nature’s way of protecting you from something that you may have swallowed that is now stuck in your intestinal tract. For example, if you swallowed a coin like a penny or a dime when you were a child, your body would encapsulate this foreign object to “protect” you from it. Unfortunately, this starts a life-long chain of events that can lead to so many problems. The good news is that on a good cleansing program, these objects will be pulled out, along with the mucoid waste!
- Antibiotics cause constipation. When you take antibiotics it succeeds in killing all the bacteria in your body. The problem is that there was some beneficial bacteria in your gut that you need to digest food and to also help kill off some of the bad bacteria. When you kill off the good bacteria, you are at risk for a return of the bad bacteria because you have less of a defense in place. Also, there is a certain “aeration” that takes place in your intestines caused by the good bacteria which helps move things along. When you don’t have this good bacteria, things tend to become sticky. The first thing out of the woman’s breast is colostrum, which has this beneficial bacteria to coat the infant’s intestines. If the infant was not breast fed or if the person has taken antibiotics, this good bacteria has been wiped out. What can you do? You can go to the health food store and get “probiotics.” It used to be called “acidophilous” but now the high tech preparations include not just acidophilous but many other strains of the beneficial bacteria, including acidophilous.
- Constipation may have been started from birth. Were you a colicky baby? Colic is in itself not a digestive disorder, but the parent’s reaction can then CREATE a digestive disorder. For example, if you were crying for three hours at a time, with no apparent reason, then it is likely that you were given a TEETHING BISCUIT made of WHEAT to “shut that kid up!” No child should be given wheat until they are two years old! But now, at three months old, you’ve been soothed by the tasty cracker and stopped crying but you the road is paved for a LIFETIME OF DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS AND SUFFERING as the mucoid plaque is being created in your sensitive system to protect your delicate infant intestines from the acidic residue of the wheat. Maybe there was cow’s milk diary butter in this biscuit? This is could also have aggravated the problem in a similar way.
- Maybe you were an intuitive and sensitive infant. This sounds very strange, but I know this scenario happens every day. Here you are an infant and you don’t understand words, but you are sensitive to feelings and emotions. Your parents just changed your diaper and then they hear that you go poop AFTER they just changed your diaper. They groan that they have to change it again and just maybe you’re actually aware that you “disappointed” them! So in your infant way, you learn to “hold in” your poop to “please” them. Later when you’re an adult, you’re still suffering from this old response.
- Maybe it was dehydration as a toddler. Many parents try to prevent bedwetting in their newly potty-trained toddler by restricting liquids before bedtime. This can be taken to extreme so that the food just eaten for dinner may not have sufficient moisture to assist with the natural progression within the small intestine. The result is a sticky glue that, night after night, is being deposited along the walls of the small intestine. Yes, no bedwetting but a lifetime of chronic constipation has been initiated. The parents proudly boast to their friends: “Our son never wets his bed,” unaware of the damage that is being done.
- Cigarette smoke can cause constipation, but not in everyone! Very often, smokers themselves have NO PROBLEM with their bowels. But often the people around them are the ones who’s constitution may be very sensitive are seriously affected. If your mother smoked when you were in the womb and you are a sensitive type, or if your father smoked around her when she was pregnant, this gets into your blood as an infant. Some people have a nervous “stress” reaction to this and because the colon is very connected to the central nervous system, “spastic colon” can be created before you are even born!
- Not heeding the call causes constipation. Many times there is no physiological reason for a person to become constipated, but they still develop the condition due to neglect. Remember as a child that you really had to go but you didn’t. How often did this type of thing occur? Some kids are prone to this, usually the ones who are very intelligent and who are focused on an activity and don’t want to stop doing what they’re doing to go to the bathroom.
- “Type A” personality causes constipation. Certain personalities are prone to stress which literally creates more of an acid condition in the body. This has all sorts of physiological results, including constipation.
- Holding onto dark emotions causes constipation. Anger, rage, depression, fear, sadness. Where do you feel these emotions in your body? Probably in your gut. Don’t fool yourself. There IS a connection between the mind and the body. Blocked emotional energy can manifest as blocked physical energy (constipation, in this case.) If you feel that this is an aspect of your issue, please see Howard B. Richman’s own brand of releasing dark energy. It might be worth having a few sessions in person or over skype with him to assist in releasing this.
- Walking lightly on your feet causes constipation. Are you a “careful walker?” Do you walk quietly? The souls of our feet are connected to nerves that stimulate our intestinal tract. If we walk “on eggshells” we develop a habit of NOT stimulating this natural area. Also, the emotional anxiety of walking quietly itself causes constipation as it mirrors a “holding in” of sound, which will inadvertently manifest a holding in of the bowel matter!
- Parasites cause constipation. Supposedly 80% of the population now have parasites in their system. When we have parasites embedded in our gut, it can cause constipation in many ways. 1) First of all, peristalsis, or the natural muscular movement of the intestines that pushes things along can be restricted when you have various entities attached to the inner lining of your intestinal wall. 2) Then, the waste products of these parasites is toxic to the system, so more mucous is created to protect you from absorbing these toxins. But this is in such a constant state of activity that this mucous becomes thickened “mucoid plaque” which becomes permanently adhered to the inside of your intestines. This state FURTHER limits the peristalsis and adds to the experience of constipation. 3) Then there is the reality of the parasites of physically blocking the tubing of the intestines themselves, which can contribute to the experience of constipation. 4) Then there is the issue of certain malnutrition that begins due to these creatures parasitic nature. This means certain vitamins and minerals are not being absorbed into the system which are necessary for normal peristalsis to occur.
- Modern “civilized” toilets cause constipation. A one year old wearing diapers naturally squats in order to have a bowel movement. This is actually instinctive and ideal because the connection between the rectum and the end of the large intestine is bent, as nature’s “valve” to prevent accidents. When you squat, this bend becomes straight and allows for the most complete evacuation. Modern toilets do not allow for the squat position and, over time, we develop a habit of having an incomplete evacuation, which leads to a permanent state of constipation. (Is it any wonder that in Japan, where the toilet is a basin below floor level, requiring that you squat, has the lowest incidence of colon cancer in the civilized world?)
- Being self-conscious about stomach noises can cause constipation. Some people have loud sounds coming from their stomach and intestinal tract. At some point, this can become embarrassing and, almost like biofeedback, we do indeed have the ability to “make it stop.” So this person makes the sounds stop with their mind. But what have they actually done? Have they curtailed the natural peristalsis from happening?
The Problems with Most Colon Cleansing Programs.
- Harsh Laxatives. One problem with many of the intestinal cleansing programs out there is that they include laxatives, (senna or cascara sagrada) which are irritating to the system and cause you to be glued to the toilet. Some of these programs ironically promote themselves as if they DON’T use harsh laxatives in that they only use “natural” or “herbal” laxatives, but it is STILL a laxative! These programs will admittedly give you fantastic results, but they do contain laxatives. It is important to note here that for some people, the laxative is a VERY important part of the cleansing process and for this reason, this approach should not be completely ruled out. Some people are so toxic that the peristalsis is hardly working at all. In these cases, products with a natural laxative can have amazing results. Here is a popular cleansing program that contain laxatives: Blessed Herbs. (Keep reading below for our free colon cleanse recipe.)
- Inconvenient. Or many of them require you to take which causes too many bowel movements per day and also causes you to be glued to the toilet and also causes you to become bloated. Also, if you’re not having a bowel movement, you’re running to the toilet to pee all day because of all the additional water you have to drink to hydrate the psyllium.
- Questionable results. Some claim to “liquify the mucous” but it is possible that it is only liquifying yesterday’s food, rather than the old mucoid waste. Also, you do have to stay close to the bathroom. Having said this, it may be worth experimenting with this type of approach. These things are very individual. Many people claim to have had fantastic results with this approach.
- Extreme procedures. Another problem is that many programs recommend fasting on liquids only. This can cause you to cleanse too fast. The result is that huge segments of “bowel rock” mucoid waste can be loosened which may be exciting and amazing. BUT, as this hardened material moves through the intestines, it can actually become lodged further down the line which would require surgery. Or it might damage the intestinal wall on its way out. If some people indeed have a 9 inches thick layer of mucoid plaque lining their intestines, it would not be a good idea to have this 18 inch diameter glob try to pass through the full length of the intestines!
- Expensive. The costs can really add up when you use a commercial colon cleansing product. Some of them will cost you $275 a for a 21-day supply! (Or more if you do your research!) That ends up being around $4675 for the whole year (if it takes that long). I think the following approach, even though you have to purchase the ingredients separately, would total much less than that.
Benefits of Colon Cleansing.
Notice that you have so much more energy. This is because you are now able to absorb the full nutrition from the good food that you eat. Notice that you require less sleep and still wake refreshed. Notice that the little aches and pains that you used to have are gone. Notice that your eyes are so much brighter. Notice that your skin is softer, smoother and healthier-looking. Notice that you feel lighter and happier overall. Notice that you have lost weight. Notice that your digestive system works 1000% better without needing laxatives, enemas, or any type of support, as you’ve gotten things working correctly again!
The Best Colon Cleanse Program.
When you cleanse the mucoid plaque lining the walls of your intestines, you will regain the normal function of peristalsis. This means that if you have become addicted to using laxatives or enemas, that gradually, you will be able to have normal evacuations without these extreme measures.
The FREE 10-Point Colon Cleanse Recipe was designed to be the MOST effective to help cleanse your intestinal tract while being the LEAST intrusive into your daily lifestyle.